Warming and delicious, this hearty and healthy soup is the ultimate comfort food. Creamy in texture with a hint of ginger, this soup is a simple recipe with flu busting properties.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1- 2 tablespoons of minced or chopped ginger (depends on your palette really)
- 1 can/400ml of coconut milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 6-8 large carrots – peeled and chopped into rounds
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander or two tablespoons of chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Heat the oil on a medium heat and sauté the garlic and ginger for a few minutes.
- Add the carrots and spices/fresh coriander and cook for about 5-8 minutes – softening the carrots a little.
- Pour in the stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes – taste and add the salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove the soup from the heat and liquidise with a blender or hand blender.
- Serve with some crusty bread.