Baking season is officially back! It’s a time for cozy fires, copious amounts of tea and of course – some comfort food.
No better way to kick-start October than with these delicious chocolate brownies. I have of course, tried to lesson the sugar load and still maximize on flavor.
- 200g of good quality dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 100g of flour
- 4 eggs
- 150g castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 30g of cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180•C
- Whisk the eggs and castor sugar together until creamy in texture.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a separate bowl – allow to cool slightly. Then, stir this into the egg mixture.
- Sift all the remaining dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Stir the mixture with a spatula or spoon until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray – deep enough for brownies to rise. I use about a 23 x 4 cm tin.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.