There are Christmas markets galore at this time of year – and one of my favourite stalls to oogle over has to be the nut stand. Lots of glorious sticky and crunchy nuts glistening under all those twinkly lights!
The sweet and savoury variety of nuts are absolutely delicious as a pre dinner nibble or as a little snack to munch on during the day. They also make a really impressive homemade Christmas gift – especially nice for your foodie friends. Simply pop them into an upcycled jar with a little ribbon and a candy cane tied on top.
Makes: 1 medium sized jar/two small jars.
- 100g of whole almonds
- 100g of pecan nuts
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter/coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of honey/maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar/brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for fan and 200°C for conventional oven. Prepare a baking tray with some grease proof paper or alternatively, grease a baking tray with some coconut oil/butter.
- Melt the tablespoon of coconut oil or butter. Then, add all ingredients including the oil to a large bowl and mix the contents together.
- Spread out the nut mixture flat onto the tray and bake for about 15 minutes – stirring the contents twice during the bake.
- Store them in an airtight container for up to two weeks.