There’s just something so comforting about a cookie and a glass of milk – especially around this time of year. I’m sure if you were to make these for Santa this Christmas, he’d be one extra jolly man.
These cookies are oozing with a rich chocolate flavour, perfect for dipping and chunky enough to only have one! Also, check out the method…oh so simple. Wrap them in some plastic film, add a bow and gift them to a friend.
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of cocoa/cacao powder
- 3/4 coconut sugar/brown sugar
- 200g of dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a baking tin with some grease proof paper. Alternatively, just grease a tray with some coconut oil.
- Wham bam – throw everything (except the chocolate chips) into a blender and blitzen!! Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture into about 8 medium balls. Space them out evenly onto a large tray/two medium trays and flatten. Leave about 2 inches of space between the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes. Always keep an eye on cookies and biscuits – as they tend to burn very easily.
- Cool completely before serving. The cookies store best in the fridge for up to a two weeks.