An apple a day keeps the Doctor away right?!
So, lets throw it into a cake form along with energy giving oats and some juicy raisins and you’ve got yourself another grab and go snack. I know that the list of ingredients seems like a lot but honestly you’ll probably have most of them lurking about the kitchen!
- 1 egg
- ½ a teaspoon of ground or grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ a cup of raisins
- 2 chopped up red apples (skins on)
- ¾ cup of almond or ordinary milk
- ½ cup/115g of melted butter OR coconut oil
- 1 cup of white flour
- 1 cup of porridge oats
- 4 tablespoons of brown OR coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, dried cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, oats and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg, milk and melted butter together in a separate bowl.
- Then, start adding the wet ingredients to the dry mixture – combining everything as you go with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Lastly, fold in the chopped apples and raisins and then divide the mix between 12 cupcake cakes and bake for about 20-25 minutes – oat so easy right!