Oozing with goodness and flavour, these delightful little treats might just knock your socks off!
Don’t be deceived by their simple appearance, because once you pop them into your mouth – you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
There are so many ways to experiment with this recipe too, you can roll them around in cacao nibs, desiccated coconut or add a dusting of extra cacao powder if you like.
This recipe yields about 35 mini balls, and they will store nicely in an airtight container for about two weeks.
- 1 cup of whole OR ground almonds
- 1/2 cup of dates
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder/cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of agave or honey
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Add all the ingredients to a powerful blender/ ninja or bullet and blend everything together until you have a slightly sticky mixture.
- Then, take about a teaspoon of the mixture and start rolling it around in the palms of your hands to create miniature balls.
- If your blender isn’t particularly powerful, blend the ingredients a few at a time.