Need a light lunch idea?
My recipe for Courgetti Pasta and Homemade Pesto is really easy. It’s full of goodness and has no nasty additives.
It’s just so damn delicious, and if you love Italian food as much as I do, then this is a must try.
Courgette is a great substitute for pasta, and with a smattering of sauce, I think that it’s equally delicious.
It’s also great if you’re cutting out carbs and watching that waist line.
By including this fruit (yes it’s a fruit) in your diet, you’ll help increase your water intake, promote collagen production, provide your body with vitamins A and C, and gentlemen take note…the simple courgette is also know to promote prostate health.
– A large courgette
– A large clove/two small cloves of garlic
– 2 cups of fresh basil (detoxifying magic food)
– 1/2 a cup of extra virgin olive oil+a little extra for frying
– 1/2 cup of cashews/pine nuts (I used cashews today)
– A generous pinch of salt and some cracked black pepper
– 1 tablespoon of Parmesan Cheese (optional, depends on dietary requirements and taste preferences)
Put the cashew nuts OR pine nuts, basil leaves, oil, salt and 1 clove OR 1/2 a large clove of chopped garlic into a blender and pulse.
If you decide to use parmesan, add this into the mix too, and that’s the pesto done and dusted.
Make sure to taste the pesto before serving, you may want to add extra oil or salt.
- Use a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to make your courgetti strips. Simply, peel as many strips as you like. One courgette will feed about two people.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan, add the second clove of chopped garlic, and lightly fry the courgette strips for a few minutes.
- Serve the courgetti with some cracked black pepper and little extras, such as sun dried tomatoes, olives and parma ham.